Kheer Recipe for diwali festival…..
lets start step by step chawal ki kheer or rice kheer recipe:
1. rinse and soak ¼ cup basmati rice for 30 mins.
2. heat 1 litre full fat milk in a wide pan or sauce pan and let it come to a boil.
3. drain the rice and add it to the simmering milk.
4. next add 5 to 6 tbsp sugar or as required. on a low flame let the rice cook in the milk.
6. once the rice is more than halfway done, add a pinch of saffron, cardamom powder (6 green cardamom crushed in a mortar-pestle), 15-20 blanched & peeled sliced almonds, 12-15 chopped cashews. stir.
7. when the rice has cooked completely and the rice kheer has thickened to the desired consistency, switch off the fire and add 1 tbsp golden raisins.
8. pour the rice kheer in individual serving bowls. you can serve the rice kheer, hot or warm or chilled.
Happy Diwali To All Of You ……